Public transportation services are available from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Saturday services are available from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Route times may differ, as actual times may vary according to traffic conditions, weather conditions, and other factors.
We will be upgrading our servers on the following dates: the connection to our after-hours phone will be disrupted but can be reached directly by dialing 502-330-3436.
Inclement Weather: BGCAP Transit will operate on clear roads only. Service may be delayed.
Inclement Weather Policy
No Service: BGCAP Transit will not provide transportation services.
BGCAP Transit will make a decision regarding Inclement Weather Announcements by 6AM .
- If you schedule a trip and know that you cannot make it, please call a reservationist to cancel.
- If a client fails to call and cancel, they will be marked a no-show.
- Repeated no-shows will be turned in for evaluation and a decision will be made as to whether or not to continue to provide transportation services.
- Please call 1-800-456-6588 to cancel your transportation!
Kentucky Relay Service/Disability Services
BGCAP Transit makes an impact on the lives of persons in our area who are transportation dependent. To obtain any information in an alternative format (such as for sight impaired), call 1-800-456-6588.
Language Assistance is available at no cost.
The Kentucky relay service enables the hearing or speech impaired to call the BGCAP Transit office to request service or information. To reach the Kentucky Relay Service, TDD users call 1-800-648-6056, voice users call 1-800-648-6057. Give the operator the BGCAP Transit toll-free telephone number.
BGCAP Transit Public Transportation
- Bluegrass RIDE - GeorgetownDifferent points around Georgetown (schedule)
- Dan TranDifferent points around Danville (schedule)
- Frankfort ConnectionFrom Frankfort to Lexington (call to schedule)
- NichTranDifferent points around Nicholasville (schedule)
- JessLexFrom Nicholasville to Lexington (schedule)
- Danville ConnectionFrom Danville to Lexington (call to schedule)
BGCAP Transit operates in: Anderson, Boyle, Casey, Fayette, Franklin, Garrard, Jessamine, Lincoln, Mercer, Scott, Washington and Woodford Counties.
Full Explanation of Services:
- Rider's Rule of Conduct
- Fare Comparison
- Title VI Notice of Protections Against Discrimination English & Spanish
- Title VI Complaint Form
- Reasonable Accommodations/Modification Policy
- Reasonable Accommodations/Modification Request Form
- ADA/Section 504 Complaint Procedure and Form (English/Spanish)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Policy Statement
- Kentucky Public Transit Association
Did you know?
- The cost of a ride is $1.75 PER mile, with a $5.00 minimum.
- With a BGCAP Transit Pass, you can cut costs by 1/3. Instead of paying the flat rate of $1.75 per mile, the BGCAP Transit Pass drops the rate to $1.00 per mile with a $5.00 minimum.
- These are sold in $20 denominations. Stop by Frankfort Central Office, Danville BGCAP Transit Stop or simply ask your driver to buy your BGCAP Transit Pass!
- All of our buses are lift equipped.
- Typically, there is NO charge for Eligible Medicaid Transportation!
Our mission is to provide safe, reliable, and affordable transportation for all members of the general public in 11 counties* of central Kentucky. We operate accessible demand response and deviated fixed route transit service for the general public, as well as provide lifeline transportation for clients of Medicaid and other social service programs.
*Anderson, Boyle, Casey, Franklin, Garrard, Jessamine, Lincoln, Mercer, Scott, Washington, and Woodford Counties (and key connections to/from Fayette County).
We improve quality of life, increase personal opportunity, and support economic development in the communities we serve by connecting workers, visitors, families, students, seniors, and citizens with mobility challenges to grocery stores, clinics, schools, services, regional hubs, and jobs. Through cooperative public and private efforts, we are committed to providing effective and efficient public transportation services to citizens of the communities we serve.
Safe: Safely transporting passengers to their destinations.
Reliable: Achieving and maintaining maximum standards of performance.
Affordable: Operating with low fares to aid personal opportunity and local economic vitality.
Effective: Meeting the transportation needs of the communities we serve.
Efficient: Operating a variety of services that are cost-effective.
Courteous: Treating our customers with friendliness, respect, and compassion.
Proudly serving our communities by providing transportation for all…for life!